SHOP OUR Categories
An ideal fit for cross-over vehicles, enjoy newly integrated LED lights and spacious 17 cubic feet of enclosed storage for both luggage and utility equipment including generators popular on RV travel trailers, fifth wheels, and pick up trucks. The slide-out feature clears SUV hatches, tailgates, and Sprinter RV doors with a dual tube frame design for demanding fifth wheel and travel trailer tow environments.
- Capsule is 48in. L x 25in. W x 27in. H outside; 46 1/2in. L x 24in. W x 25in. H inside cube
- Carries 17 cubic feet and 300 lbs. of cargo
- Overall weight is 80 lbs; two-part system separates weight (55lbs & 25lbs) during hitch mounting and removal
- Slides out for rear vehicle door access when stationary, and 6 inch hitch riser for great ground clearance
- TwinTube™ dual tube platform provides exceptional strength, balance, and stability for rigorous RV towable environments
- LED lights with license plate bracket mount, wiring uses four-flat wire connector plug
- Hinged lids removable for use of open tray platform
- Weather-proof construction, automotive grade rubber strip for compression when lids are closed provides great seal
- Two Silent Hitch Pins included for quiet and stable hitch connection
- Packlock location provided (lock not included)
- For 2in. receivers with 350 tongue weight rating, Class II or higher
- Assembly required
GearDeck Blog Spotlights:
This product ships kit knock down, Oversize 3 item via UPS Ground
Average order ship time is 7-10 business days
Shipping times are not guaranteed. If you would like expedited shipping please call our office at (719) 630-3800 for availability and a custom quote.
See Shipping Policies for details about shipping and receiving.
Manuals, Flyers & Brochures:
GearDeck™ 17 Telescoping Cargo Carrier - Black
Manufacturing & Warranty
Outside - 48"L x 25"W x 27"H
Empty Weight - 80 lbs
Material - Molded high density polyethylene (capsule) and steel (frame)
Manufacturing in USA
Inside - 46 1/2"L x 24"W x 25"H
Cargo Weight - 300 lbs of cargo
Frame - TwinTube slideout platform, dual tube with cross wings for strength, balance, and easy telescoping
Warranty Limited One Year
Capacity - 17 cubic feet
Lid - Opening hinged front lid raises up for convenient ground level loading; rear lid is affixed to tray and is removable with wrench.
Tow Rating Class II and higher with 2" size receiver hitch (350 tongue weight rating)
Clearance 6" rise (from hitch to rack)
Security - Padlock location provided (lock not included)
Installed Clearance - 6in - 12in (from hitch pin hole to cargo box)
Stability - Two Silent Hitch Pins included for rattle-free, motionless hitch connection
Slideout Clearance- Up to 32in (for hatch access while not in transit)
Really bright LED taillights with license plate mounting brackets, wiring, four-flat plug
Frequently Asked Questions:
What material is the GearDeck made out of?
What is the maximum slide out distance between the GearDeck and the tow vehicle? Will I be able to open my rear hatch/doors?
What is the weight capacity and size dimensions of the GearDeck?
During Transit (when the carrier is not slid out), what is the maximum distance between the vehicle and the carrier? Can I use the GearDeck in conjunction with a rear spare tire or ladder?
Is the GearDeck rated for RV use?
What vehicle class rating is required for the GearDeck?
Will the GearDeck block my rear tail lights?
What is the average ship time of the GearDeck Cargo Carrier? Can I get expedited shipping?
Is there a dealer in my area to view the GearDeck?
Will my Generator fit inside the GearDeck?
How much does the GearDeck Weigh?
Is the GearDeck lockable?
Is the GearDeck water-proof?
I think the GearDeck platform's 6in rise might block my vehicles window, is there a way to lower the cargo carrier for more rear visibility?
My LED Lights don't seem to be working correctly on my Sprinter Van, is there a way to fix this?